Part of the magic of our Great Dining Competition is how incredibly customizable it is to our client’s needs. We can produce it for 50 participants or over 1,000 (in this video, you can see a ballroom with over 750 ‘chefs’ enthusiastically taking part!) and set up the menu and ingredients so that anything from simple hors d’oeuvres to a full seven-course meal is prepared. We’re proud that our experts arrange the perfect set-up and size each and every time!
This year on Groundhog Day, Punxsutawney Phil forecasted an early spring, so it’s about time to enjoy the promise of that warm weather. Though some parts of the country have had lingering snowstorms, we’re finally facing the last of the chilly forecasts. What better way to embrace the sunshine than by planning your next corporate team building event? We offer numerous spectacular outdoor programs!
An event that can be held virtually anywhere, including a hotel or resort property, public park or city, Amazing Chase is a series of fun activities, including photo and stunt challenges for groups broken up into teams of 5-10. Race around a customized route completing the activities as you go, using your team’s own strategies to try and be declared the Amazing Chase Champions!
“The Amazing Chase was simply: amazing. We thought it would be a fun outdoor event but the structure of the program really brought out the unique strengths of the individuals on each team. Our group had a great time with your well organized program. Thank you so much!” -Stella, Honeywell International
Nothing announces ‘spring has arrived’ like running through a historic location or interesting venue in the sunshine! Our SmartHunts are the most technologically-advanced scavenger hunts available, as we’re the only company that uses Apple iPads and our proprietary app to send teams out into the warm weather with an incredible array of challenges, trivia, and goals — all while keeping track of their locations as they explore the area.
“Many thanks to all of you for building and executing a great SmartHunts event for our attendees. The iPads were great and the slide show and videos at the end of the event were a terrific hit!” -Sue, Macy’s Inc.
In this high-energy program, teams compete to create, transport, and launch their own watercraft! Perfect for outdoor pools, lakes, or even the ocean, this team building event makes the most of a wide open location and a bright sunny day!
“I had to pass along that our staff is still buzzing about the Build-a-Raft Competition last week. Everyone had a great time. The outdoor adventure was just outstanding, a real lifetime memory. Who would have thought that you could build boats out of the materials provided and then race them in the river. AMAZING!” -Matt, Penske Automotive
We offer four incredible Game Show programs, each entirely customizable. From Game Show Frenzy, where teams form ‘families’ and then feud, to Corporate Training Game Show, where your guests learn and retain vital company information, our experts bring an incredible, high-tech, fully interactive game show right to you! (We’re the only company that has integrated audience response keypads entirely into all these programs, too.) Take a look at some corporate teams having an absolute blast in this video!
“There is no doubt that creativity is the most important human resource of all. Without creativity, there would be no progress, and we would be forever repeating the same patterns.” -Edward de Bono
As the biggest team building company in America, we have dozens of knowledgeable staff members ready to help you choose the right team building program for your group. It’s our pleasure to work closely with each client towards a customization that’s the best fit for his or her needs. When you’re looking to narrow down your choices, here are some factors to consider:
1. Location, location, location! The venue or space in which the program will be held can be a key component in selecting activities. Is it outdoors with lots of room, which might point towards a wide-ranging program like Catapult? Or indoors and already full of tables, which would indicate a culinary program might be a better fit? Knowing the exact room or area in which the program will be held is vital.
2. Well, would you look at the time? It’s important to have a good sense of the day’s schedule before you choose what program will fit. Are participants coming straight from another meeting or is this the first activity of the morning? Do you have two hours? Three? An entire day, which could be set aside for one of our in-depth Professional Development programs like Conflict Resolution or Time Management Training? Best TeamBuilding lead facilitators are always prepared to adjust the length of the program on the fly as required, but the more information they have up front, the better they can time the flow of the event.
3. Give it away, give it away, give it away now. CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) is a workplace buzzword these days, and many companies take advantage of our wide variety of charitable programs to give back to their community while getting in some solid team building. It can be a great way to add extra heartwarming moments to an already impressive program. If your group is interested in incorporating philanthropy, consider one of our innovative CSR programs. If that isn’t the goal of your corporate event, that makes it easier to focus on what’s important about your particular upcoming team builder.
4. Let’s get physical. Different groups have different physical abilities. Some companies we work with are full of gung-ho fitness buffs ready for a challenge; some have members with limited mobility. Though of course no one is ever pushed into any activity with which he or she is not comfortable, it’s helpful to know in advance the way your group deals with physical tasks. Those who are ready to roll might prefer one of our zippy high-tech SmartHunts® or an engaging athletic competition like the Medal Games. Those less interested in physical challenges might lean towards calmer programs such as Art of Giving.
5. Winner winner! Every team building program forges relationships and trust between participants, but some programs contain a competition that ends with one or more winning teams — often via medals bestowed around their necks! It’s great to know in advance whether you’re looking for a program that pits teams against each other, like culinary programs Fiesta Fun and Chili Cook-Off, or that urges collaboration throughout, like crowd pleaser Bridge to the Future.
Armed with the right information, you can easily select the best possible program to fit your needs. We’re happy to offer over 70 to choose from!
Now this is one spicy team building program! Check out the video of teams crafting the perfect guacamole, writing a hilarious jingle, and presenting their creations with care, all to the beat of Mexican music. If you want your corporate event to include lots of collaboration – plus a healthy dose of competition – all mixed in with fun and sangria or margaritas, this Fiesta Fun program is the perfect choice!
We are growing fast. Not only is Best TeamBuilding and Corporate Events expanding nationwide with new offices and production facilities around the country, but our headquarters just got bigger too! Our new offices are in the beautiful town of Dunedin on the Gulf of Mexico, just 2 miles north of Clearwater Beach, Florida.
We christened our new meeting room with an East Coast Regional Directors’ brainstorming session about the integration of our iPads into 15 of our most popular team building programs.
Our East Coast Directors seated left to right: Roy Charette (Northeast Regional Partner), Celia Delgo (National Sales), Joe Groves (Director of Facilitation), Ray Assanti (Southeast Regional Partner), Scott Flynn (Founder and CEO), Thomas Boles (Accounting and Statistics), Diane Hendricks (Information Technology), Trish Flynn (Executive Assistant), Cathy Ruales (Business Manager), and Christine Roberson (National DMC Sales Manager). Missing from our East Coast directors meeting are Paul Petrus (National Sales – Orlando) and Bryan Burns (COO of SmartHunts – Boston).
We will be posting a video walk-through of our entire new facility in July when we have our semi-annual national conference for Best TeamBuilding and SmartHunts!
If your group is looking for a team building program like nothing you’ve ever seen before, take a look at this video! Concept Car Team Challenge is no miniature-car Scout event; the vehicles built are big enough for a team member to ride inside. Check out team drivers dressed in decorated jump suits like Evel Knievel, cars with their own quippy slogans, and teams chanting with pride. Find out who in your company is really ‘King of the Road’!
“Creative activity could be described as a type of learning process where teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.” -Arthur Koestler
Big news from Mural of the World, our incredible program that’s a combination of creativity, philanthropy, and (of course) solid team building! Mural of the World® is the brainchild of Best TeamBuilding’s founder, Scott Flynn, and Indianapolis-based artist Doug Arnholter. The most recent mural, painted by over 3,000 participants in Washington DC, is the 28th piece in the project, which now puts the total number of people over 65,000.
Doug, the artist who creates the paint-by-number canvases for each group to work on for the program, has also recently been invited by the Indianapolis Arts Center to join its faculty and teach workshops on contemporary frescoes. We are proud both of Doug and of the widespread international impact his powerful charitable program is having as it continues to grow.
The twist in our Competition to Collaboration™ is so ingenious, it’s no surprise it was created by our in-house Professional Development guru, Roy Charette, and perfected by our team of Team Building experts: teams work independently from each other to get what they believe is an unbeatable time on various tasks but are then informed their next job is to lead other teams in being even more successful at that task! This sharing of best practices, a deep and continual exchange of information and adjustment towards improvement, translates beautifully into improvement back at the office right away. Check out this great video, full of positive people helping each other rock!